Saving huge amounts of data simply
Cloud storage is a model of computer data storage in which the digital data is stored in logical pools, known as “The Cloud”. The physical storage spans multiple servers, and the physical environment is typically owned and managed by a hosting company i.e. Amazon, Google, Microsoft etc. It is delivered on demand with just in time capacity and costs, and eliminates buying and managing your own data storage infrastructure. This provides agility, global scale and durability with access anywhere at anytime.
If you are like so many people right now, working from home, sharing your work documents remotely with colleagues is paramount, this can be achieved by using the Cloud. Many IT departments are moving away from pure on premise storage to Cloud Storage, or Hybrid Storage.
You can access your files stored in the cloud through an app or software stored on your computer. Once installed it usually shows a small notification icon and creates your synced folder structure that fits into Windows Explorer or the MacOS Finder. You can also retrieve your files via your web browser.
Exponential data growth shouldn't automatically translate to astronomical data storage and data tier management costs. Not all data is equal, and with the rapid advancements in AI, every piece of data has the potential to enhance your business. You can choose a cloud strategy right for your business - for example On Premise to Cloud, Hybrid Storage, Tape to Cloud, Multi Cloud, Data Lake or Edge Computing.
You may need a second copy in the cloud, off-site disaster recovery, an active and accessible data archive or long term storage. We can help you make the best choice for your business to ensure you achieve your requirements.
What can you do with Cloud Storage?
It will allow you
- Archiving - Affordable to allow you storage of all your archives, e.g. active archives or long term archives
- Backup & Recovery - Backups can be instantly available should the worst happen
- Content Delivery - No problem - The cloud can store CDN information cost-effectively
- Surveillance - The cloud offers affordable and secure ways to storage digital surveillance video
- Ransomware - Protection from ransomware with immutable copies of your data in the cloud will ease the rear of ransomware attacks
- Internet of Things - Edge Computing
- AI/ML - These use huge amounts of data to train AI and ML apps to get meaningful results.
- Data Analytics - crucial to faster better decision making - employees need fast secure and access to vast quantities of data from wherever they may be.
Cloud Storage delivers a cost-effective, scalable alternative to storing files on an on-premise hard drive or storage network. Computer hard drives can only storage a finite amount of data. When users run out of storage, they need to transfer files to an external storage device. Traditionally these would be SANs to archive data and files. SANs are expensive to maintain, as when data grows the on-premise storage infrastructure needs to as well. Cloud services provide a lot more flexibility for growth, meaning you can scale capacity as your as your data volumes increase or dial down capacity if necessary, too.
Consideration should also be given to online backup services. Most cloud services do offer some level of backup. Serious consideration should be given to protection of any file stored in the cloud. Data backup is just as important as security.
Whichever industry you are in, the future of your business depends on the data you are able to store and use.
We can offer an enterprise class, tier free, instantly available solution allowing you to store an infinite amount of data affordably.
Trial our Cloud Storage
Please complete the form found here.
Thanks for reading